Extract MVK text subtitles
An Automator droplet (Drag&Drop application) to quickly extract all text subtitles from a Matroska (MKV) file.
- the droplet simply extracts text subtitles, doesn’t perform OCR on VOBSUB/PGS subtitles.
- when extracting subtitles tracks keeps in name info on sequence index, language, default and forced flags, track name
- It’s an Automator workflow application (saved in readable format) using a perl script and the utilities mkvinfo and mkvextract, bundled with the app.
- Tested on Mac OS 10.14 “Mojave”, is supposed to run also on newer versions.
How to use it
- Just drag one or more MKV (Matroska) file(s) onto the application icon.
- A folder with the same of the file will be created in the same file location, containing its subtitles.
© and Credits
- Original software by faqintosh.com
- Author: © 2021 Marco Balestra
- This software is provided "as is", without warranty.
- It’s unlimited shareware, not public domain:
in order to distribute it an explicit authorization from the author is required.
- Please do support shareware: it’s good, it’s useful, it’s necessary.