Super Empty Trash v.3.0
Simple utility that will empty the Trash with administrator privileges.
Useful with those files that cannot be deleted, even using the "⌘⌥⌫" combination.
In case of multiple volumes the user is prompted in order to choose volume(s) to be considered.
This can be very usefull in case of selective deletion or removable media (like pendrives).
Download Version 3.0
Requires Mac OS X 10.14 (Mojave) or newer.
The utility is an Automator Workflow interacting with Finder and Terminal.
It’s absolutely normal to see the alert when launching it for the first time, reporting that the app requires to interact with Finder.
Just click OK.
This application is unlimited shareware, provided “as is”: you can use it without any limitation and without any warranty.
If you think it’s useful and want to contribute with a shareware fee, please use this link
Thank you very much for your support!
Older OS X Versions
Mac OS X from 10.4 (Tiger) to 10.13 (High Sierra)
Mac OS X up to 10.3 (Panther)
- v. 3.0, 2021 - Automator Workflow
- v.2.3, 2006 - Universal Binary (both PPC and Intel)
- v. 2.2, April 2005 - Fixed Mac OS X 10.4 (AKA Tiger) compatibility
- v.2.1, Feb 2005 - Added the choice between multiple volumes
- v.2.0, 2004 - Completely rewritten: asks the Finder the content of thrash, then deletes all of such items with a sudo shell command
- v.1.0, 2002 - First release
© and Credits
- Original software by faqintosh.com
- Author: Marco Balestra.
- This software is provided "as is", without any warranty.
- It is free, but isn’t public domain: in order to redistribute it author's authorization is required.