Mail.app can handle a big amount of emails. In case it slows down, this applet is what you need.
• v. 1.2: requires Mac OS X 10.9.x (Mountail Lion) or earlier
• v. 1.0 requires Mac OS X 10.4.x (Tiger) or 10.5.x (Leopard).
What the applet does
1. Rebuilds Mail.app database indexes
2. Trash saved attachment files
When a mail attachment is opened by double-clicking on it directly from mail body, its file is saved in “Mail Downloads” folder.
All saved attachments can be safely trashed, because the original attachment is still located in the body of the original email.
This is freeware
This program can be used for free.
In case you decide to support faqintosh you can issue a donation through PayPal.
• March 2007: v. 1.0
• November 2014: v. 1.2, Mountain Lion or earlier
© and Credits
Original software by faqintosh.com
Author: Marco Balestra
This software is povided "as is", without warranty.
It is freeware, but not public domain: in order to redistribute it author's clearance is required.